Monday, June 15, 2009

Zillow indicates that Connecticut Housing Market is turning

Zillow indicates the property market in CT may have turned.

I receive a monthly report from Zillow on rental properties I owe. This month I found that three of the reports that I received this month show an increase in the last 30 days.

Now I realize that Zillow is not an exact measure of value as it takes into consideration only items like square footage and number of bedrooms and bathroom. It doesn’t care for example that you have beautiful professionally refinished hardwood floors or that you live on a nearly a private road with beautiful views of rolling meadows from your bedroom. It takes into consideration things like recent sales and the listing prices of other properties on the market, but it is giving better estimates of value all the time.

I do however think it is significant that that these three increases came in the same month, something that I have not seen in the last couple of years.

So I am under the belief that the CT single family real estate market is bottoming out and is setting itself up to make a rebound perhaps in the way similar to what gasoline has done recently.

For those who can qualify for a mortgage right now, they will enjoy all the benefits of this coming single family home price appreciation that are sure to come for anyone with the patience to wait for it.

Sincerely,

No comments: